STATEMENT OF FAITH
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God, eternally existing in three persons, namely the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Virgin Mary; that Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead; that He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ, through the Word and by the Holy Spirit.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for his people.
- In the baptism with Holy Spirit subsequent to salvation.
- In speaking other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the Atonement.
- In keeping the sacraments of baptism and communion.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus—first to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to him in the air, and second, to reign on the earth for a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection, eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
- That the personal transformation takes place most effectively in the accountability setting of a small group.
We believe there is nothing more important than strong united families. We believe in early Christian formation of children and youth. We believe in providing programs relative to the needs of all age groups. We believe that the local congregation involvement should be an enhancement to the home.
We believe excellence honors God and inspires greatness. We believe that every department must strive for excellence. We believe that excellence in our ministries and lives is a proper reflection of God at work in us.
We believe that loving relationships should permeate every aspect of church life. We believe in the unity of the body of Christ. We believe the church is a family. We believe in the power of small groups to facilitate strong relationships. We believe integrity in the lives and ministries of our members requires that we provide for accountability relationships.
We believe in equipping the saints for ministry and life by helping them to operate in their spiritual gifts. We recognize and encourage God-given gifts in all women and all men regardless of background. We believe and strongly affirm education. We believe that through the educational process, the body, mind, and spirit are enhanced for the greater development of the kingdom of God.
We believe that full devotion to Christ and His cause are normal for every believer. We value our right standing before God through Christ as being righteous, without sin; and we contend for a life free of willful sin and disobedience to Christ. We believe in a personal, daily relationship with Christ. We require our church leadership to exemplify a history of personal faithfulness to their marriage vows from the point of conversion on. We believe that every Christian should mature and use his/her gifts in the local church.
We believe that teaching and doctrine should be balanced on the historical roots of Christianity that shaped the theology and orthodoxy of the faith. Sound doctrine is held in high esteem. We believe that we should express our faith with a balance of head and heart, intellect and emotion. We believe that our Biblical principles are not dependent